Member Login

Club History

Established in 1886, The Queen’s Club was the first multipurpose sports complex ever to be built, anywhere in the world. It was named after Queen Victoria, its first patron, and is widely renowned as one of the premier Lawn Tennis and Racquets clubs in the world.

The Club has hosted as many as twenty-five different sporting activities and, as well as lawn tennis, has been the scene for such varied sports as ice-skating, baseball, athletics and rugby. By the late 1920's, annual Oxford v Cambridge challenges at rugby, football and athletics had taken place at the Club for over thirty years and, at times, as many as 10,000 spectators were attracted to the grounds. As these events outgrew the Club's facilities, they were transferred to their new homes at Twickenham, Wembley and White City. Meanwhile, the increasingly popular game of lawn tennis took over the grounds of the Club.

In May 2007 the Queen’s Club Members successfully acquired a 120 year lease from the Lawn Tennis Association. The Members now own and operate their Club through a fully elected Board and over the past 7 years the Members have sensitively invested in the Club’s facilities completing key projects which include the creation of both a Junior Club facility and a new Gymnasium, re-surfaced four artificial grass courts and more recently refurbished the President’s Room.